1. Installation & Keyboard setting
1.1 Supported platform:
Windows 7/8/10: both 32bit and 64bit
Mac OS X : 64bit
1.2 Download the installation package and then install it.
The function of macro record need a special authorization, and some anti-virus software may block it, please choose trust it.
* Mac OS X:
The first time use software, please authorize Obinslab Starter by clicking Open System Preferences in the alert, then selecting the checkbox for Obinslab Starter in the Privacy pane.
1.3 Keyboard setting
1.3.1 Device list : Devices connected over USB cable. Click Hello World to refresh device list (This usually does not need).
Switch Language / Switch Theme / Software update
Battery: Battery indicator 2.
Running Time: Keyboard running time statistics
- Layout Default: Default keyboard layout
- User: User customized keyboard layout
- Disable: Turn off keyboard TAP layout.
- Enable: Turn on keyboard TAP layout.
- Magic Fn
- Disable: Turn off Magic Fn
- Fn1: Set Magic Fn to a copy of Fn1
- Fn2: Set Magic Fn to a copy of Fn2
- Disable: Turn off Macro.
- Fn1: Set Fn1 to the hold key for trigger a Macro
- Fn2: Set Fn2 to the hold key for trigger a Macro
- CapsLock Led
- Disable: Set CapsLock Led to default. If CapsLock on, led of CapsLock key will on.
- All: If CapsLock on, led of all keycaps will on.
- 8. Reset Bluetooth: Clear Bluetooth bound info saved on keyboard
2. Layout setting
2.1 Current: Layout read from keyboard. here is how to add a new layout
- Click on icon + to add a new layout
- Right click on Current to Copy Right click on preset layout to Copy/Recover(set to default)
- Right click on user layout(added/copied) to Copy/Delete/Rename
- Double click on user layout to Rename(Enter for save, Esc for cancel)
2.2 Key code table: Here list HID Key Code and ANNE PRO 2 special function keys
ANNE PRO 2 have four layers, they are TOP/ FN1/ FN2/ TAP. There are two ways to update keycode: Drag the selected keycap, and drop on another keycap Select a keycap, choose new from **Key code table
3. Light setting
3.1 Light Group
- Click on icon + to add light group
- Right click on custom light group item to Delete /Rename / Copy
- Right click on the Default light group to Copy / Recover(set to default)
3.2 Light List
- Click on icon + to add light effect(Limited to max 16)
- Click on light effect to Rename / Copy / Delete
- Right click on blank space to Paste the light effect copied
- Drag the light effect to sort
3. Color Palette
- Pick color on the color wheel
- Pick color from Default/Custom color block
- Right click on custom color block to save the current color
4. Setting Static Light
Setting static single or static multiple light effect:
- Select single/multiple keycap, and then pick a color on Color Palette
- Click on blank space to clear selected keycaps
5. Dynamic Light Effect
- None: Static light effect, RGB backlights on every keycap can be defined
- Breath/Breath grad/Rainbow/Breath single: Work together on Dynamic Light Color Table
6. Dynamic Light Color Table : Setting color for Dynamic Light Effect
7. Preview : Preview the selected light effect on keyboard
8. Download : All Download the light effects listed in the selected light group to keyboard
4. Macro setting
- Click on icon + to add macro group
- Right click on macro group to Remane/Copy/Delete
- Double click on macro group to Rename
- Click on a blank keycap to Paste/Add macro(Limited to max 16)
- Click on macro keycap to select a macro
- Right click on macro keycap to Delete/Copy/Paste
- Drag on the macro keycap and drop on a blank keycap to update macro trigger position
- Show the macro code of selected
- Insert time block
- Move up/down the macro code block
- Double click on time block to edit time(Enter for save, Esc for cancel) Delete macro code block
5. Firmware Update
In this page, you will get a list of firmware.
5.1 For a better experience, we recommend upgrading to the latest. Upgrade to latest It's quite simple, just click the "Upgrade to Latest" button, what't all.
5.2 Abnormal recovery If an accident(e.g. power failure, reboot, computer crash, and other unpredictable situations) occurs during the firmware upgrade, the keyboard can't be used. In this situation, you can use the abnormal recovery mode to recover the keyboard.
- Turn off the Bluetooth switch on the back of the keyboard
- Hold on Esc, plug in the USB cable. Release Esc key while "USB-HID IAP" show up on the screen
- Select "USB-HID IAP" item to upgrade firmware again
5.3 Experimental Features
The features come with its share of annoyances and curiosities.
The path of user-preference.json
- on Windows is : %appdata%\Obinslab Starter\storage
- on Mac OS X is /Users/your-user-name/Library/Application Support/Obinslab Starter/storage
2. Open/restart Obinslab Starter